Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Apricot Frangipane Tart
A light dessert tart, perfect for summer.
- 400 g prepared short crust pastry
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam
- 125 g ml (½ cup) butter
- 100 g (½ cup) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla essence
- 5 ml (1 tsp) almond essence
- 125 g (1¼ cups ) ground almonds
- 20 g (2 Tbsp) cake flour, sifted
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Apricot Halves, drained
To serve: additional Rhodes Quality Apricot jam, slightly warmed
- Fresh whipped cream,Preheat the oven to 180°C
- On a lightly floured surface roll the shortcrust pastry out to fit a rectangle baking tart pan.
- Line the tart pan with the rolled dough, press and trim the edges.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Line the pastry shell with baking paper and fill with pie beans or rice.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the baking paper and beans, pierce the bottom with a fork and bake for 10 minutes more Cool.
- Brush the bottom and sides of the pastry case with Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam and set aside.
- To prepare the filling, beat together the butter and the sugar until creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla essence and the almond essence.
- Stir in the ground almonds and cake flour.
- Spread the frangipane evenly across the bottom of the pastry.
- Arrange Rhodes Quality Apricot Halves on top, pressing them slightly into the frangipane.
- Bake the tart 25-30 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and brush with the warm Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam.
- Serve with freshly whipped cream