- 400g (2 cups) cheddar cheese grated
- 125 ml (½ cup) butter, softened
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Chakalaka Mild & Spicy
- 220 g (1¾ cups) cake flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp) salt
- Place the cheese and the butter into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat together.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Chakalaka Mild & Spicy and beat until the butter is well blended.
- Add the flour ¼ cup at a time beating well after each addition.
- The mixture should come together in a pliable dough, similar to a cookie.
- Place the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle.
- Pipe straight rows of the dough onto a baking tray that has been lined with baking paper.
- Bake the cheese straws in an oven that has been preheated to 180°C for 20 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Remove to a wire cooling rack to cool.
If you do not have a piping bag, lightly roll out the cheese straw dough on a well floured surface and cut into even length sticks.