Delicate pastry slices filled with lightly spiced Rhodes Quality Peaches. Serve this dessert with cream, ice cream or custard.
- 250 ml (1 C) self-raising flour
- 125 ml cake flour
- 65 ml caster sugar
- 80 g butter, cut into blocks
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with a fork
- 60 ml milk
- Rhodes Quality Peach Slices
- Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam
- To make the pastry, sift the self-raising and cake flours together into a bowl.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour mixture, until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg and enough of the milk to bring it all together into a firm dough.
- Knead into a smooth ball, cover with plastic wrap and rest the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes..
- Spray a medium sized baking tray or pan with non-stick spray and line it with baking paper.
- Divide the dough in half.
- On a floured surface, roll out one half of the dough to fit the baking tray.
- Spread the Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam Superfine over the pastry.
- Place the Rhodes Quality Peach Slices into a bowl.
- Sprinkle over the spices and the dried cranberries and mix well.
- Spread the Rhodes Peach filling out on top of the Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam.
- Roll the second half of the dough out on a floured surface, large enough to cover over the all the fruit and match the size of the bottom pastry.
- Gently press the side edges of the top and bottom pastry layers together.
- Mix the milk and caster sugar together to make a pastry wash, and brush this evenly over the top of the pastry.
- Bake the Peach & Cranberry Slice in an oven preheated to 180°C for 25 minutes or until the pastry is crisp and golden.
- Serve hot with cream or custard.