These vintage jam and coconut tartlets date back to the 1920s. The good news is that we’ve given this classic sweet a fuss-free quick and easy makeover so you can prepare them in minutes.
- 24 ready-made mini pastry shells
- 125 ml Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam
- 2 egg whites
- 125 ml white sugar
- 250 ml (1 C) desiccated coconut
- Fill the pastry shells with Rhodes Apricot Jam.
- Place the pastry shells onto a baking tray.
- Whisk the egg whites until fluffy and white.
- Slowly, one spoonful at a time, add the sugar beating well after each addition.
- Once all the sugar has been dissolved and the meringue mixture is glossy and smooth, stir in the coconut.
- Add evenly sized spoonfuls of the coconut meringue onto the top of each pastry shell, covering the Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180°C for 20 minutes or until lightly golden and firm to the touch.