This tangy, curried potato salad is a great side dish at any braai.
- 800 g baby potatoes
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) Pakco Mild and Spicy Masala
- 1 x 115 g Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Cup
- 2 bay leaves
- 250 ml (1 cup) red wine
- 80 ml Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam
- 250 ml (1 cup) prepared chicken stock
- 250 ml (1 cup) mayonnaise
- 125 ml plain yoghurt,
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan of salted water.
- Bring to the boil and cook until tender.
- Drain and cool.
- Heat the oil in frying pan.
- Add the onion and cook until soft.
- Add the Pakco Mild and Spicy Masala, Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Cup and bay leaves and stir to mix.
- Add the wine and simmer until slightly reduced.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Smooth Apricot Jam and the chicken stock.
- Bring the sauce to a high simmer and allow to reduce to a thick consistency.
- Strain the sauce to remove the onion and the bay leaves and set aside to cool.
- Place the mayonnaise and yoghurt into a bowl.
- Stir in the reduction, adding as much as preferred, reserve any remaining for a later batch.
- Season to taste.
- Spoon the coronation dressing over the potatoes and toss to mix.
- Refrigerate until serving.