Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Chocolate Malva Pudding
Once you’ve tried this chocolaty malva pudding, you’ll never go back to the regular one. This recipe gives the traditional South African dessert a delicious indulgent twist.
- 250 ml cream
- 125 ml milk
- 125 ml butter
- 190 ml sugar
- 60 ml cocoa powder
- 30 ml Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam
- Make the sauce first: in a saucepan, combine the cream, milk, butter, sugar, cocoa powder and Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam.
- Whisk over a medium heat then bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift the cake flour, cocoa powder, sugar, bicarbonate of soda and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg, vinegar, milk, Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam and butter together and add to the dry ingredients. Beat for about 3 – 4 minutes until smooth and glossy.
- Divide the batter evenly between 6 greased ramekins. Pour enough sauce into each ramekin to cover the batter and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes before pouring over the remaining sauce.
- Serve warm with fresh cream, custard or ice cream.