Once you’ve tried this chocolaty malva pudding, you’ll never go back to the regular one. This recipe gives the traditional South African dessert a delicious indulgent twist.
- 250 ml cream
- 125 ml milk
- 125 ml butter
- 190 ml sugar
- 60 ml cocoa powder
- 30 ml Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam
- Make the sauce first: in a saucepan, combine the cream, milk, butter, sugar, cocoa powder and Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam.
- Whisk over a medium heat then bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift the cake flour, cocoa powder, sugar, bicarbonate of soda and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg, vinegar, milk, Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam and butter together and add to the dry ingredients. Beat for about 3 – 4 minutes until smooth and glossy.
- Divide the batter evenly between 6 greased ramekins. Pour enough sauce into each ramekin to cover the batter and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes before pouring over the remaining sauce.
- Serve warm with fresh cream, custard or ice cream.