- 2 x 400 g roll puff pastry, defrosted in the fridge
- 2 eggs
- 30 ml (2 T) water
- 1 x 410g can Rhodes Quality Chakalaka Mild & Spicy
- 8 pieces of boerewors, cooked
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) sesame seeds
- Unroll the pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut into 8 evenly sized rectangles.
- Whisk the eggs with the water and brush the surface of the pastry with the egg wash.
- Place a spoonful of Rhodes Quality Chakalala Mild & Spicy onto each rectangle and spread over the rectangle leaving a 1 cm edge.
- Place a piece of boerewors on top of the chakalaka and roll up.
- Press the open edges together and place on a lined baking sheet with the seams at the bottom.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Brush the tops of the sausage rolls with the remaining egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake in an oven that has been preheated to 190 C for 20 minutes or until the pastry is cooked through and golden.
- Serve hot with a fresh green salad.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking Times: 25 minutes