Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Treat the extended family to this filling and nutritious fragrant rice dish. Try our simplified version, which uses Indian inspired flavours.
- 250 ml (1 C) basmati rice
- 15 ml (1 T) butter
- 45 ml sultanas
- 10 ml (2 t) biryani masala
- 1 ml cumin seeds
- 1 ml coriander seeds
- 500 ml (2 C) water
- Rhodes Quality Mixed Vegetables
- Rhodes Quality Haricot Beans
- Wash rice well under running water.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add the sultanas, biryani masala, cumin and coriander seeds, stirring until toasted and fragrant.
- Add the well drained rice and toss thoroughly to coat the rice in the spices.
- Add the water and salt and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, fluff the rice with a fork and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium frying pan.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring until lightly browned.
- Add the spices and cook, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Mixed Vegetables and the Rhodes Quality Haricot Beans.
- Stir gently over a low heat until well mixed and heated through.
- Add the rice to the vegetable mixture and stir to mix.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Garnish with the fresh coriander and yoghurt and serve immediately.