Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Strawberry Jam Catherine Wheels
Simple and festive jam pastry wheels for brunch or tea. These Strawberry Jam Catherine Wheels look elaborate and complicated but they’re really very easy to make.,
- 1 x 500 g roll ready-made frozen puff pastry
- 30 ml (2 T) cake flour
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 80 ml caster sugar
- 5 ml (1 t) ground cinnamon
- 65 – 80 ml Rhodes Quality Strawberry Jam
- Defrost the puff pastry overnight in the refrigerator.
- Unroll the puff pastry on to a surface which has been dusted with the flour.
- Using a ruler as a guide, cut the pastry into even squares.
- Cut a small diagonal slit, of even lengths, into the corners of each square.
- Place the squares onto a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Brush the pastry with the egg.
- Mix together the caster sugar and the cinnamon and sprinkle over the egg.
- Beginning at one corner, fold one half of the pastry down at the slit.
- Repeat on the remaining three corners, folding the pastry down to form a wheel.
- Fill the cavity that forms in the center of each wheel with Rhodes Quality Strawberry Jam.
- Repeat on the remaining squares.
- Bake the wheels in an oven preheated to 190°C for 20 minutes or until the wheels are puffed and golden.
- Allow to cool slightly.