Simple and festive jam pastry wheels for brunch or tea. These Strawberry Jam Catherine Wheels look elaborate and complicated but they’re really very easy to make.,
- 1 x 500 g roll ready-made frozen puff pastry
- 30 ml (2 T) cake flour
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 80 ml caster sugar
- 5 ml (1 t) ground cinnamon
- 65 – 80 ml Rhodes Quality Strawberry Jam
- Defrost the puff pastry overnight in the refrigerator.
- Unroll the puff pastry on to a surface which has been dusted with the flour.
- Using a ruler as a guide, cut the pastry into even squares.
- Cut a small diagonal slit, of even lengths, into the corners of each square.
- Place the squares onto a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Brush the pastry with the egg.
- Mix together the caster sugar and the cinnamon and sprinkle over the egg.
- Beginning at one corner, fold one half of the pastry down at the slit.
- Repeat on the remaining three corners, folding the pastry down to form a wheel.
- Fill the cavity that forms in the center of each wheel with Rhodes Quality Strawberry Jam.
- Repeat on the remaining squares.
- Bake the wheels in an oven preheated to 190°C for 20 minutes or until the wheels are puffed and golden.
- Allow to cool slightly.