Cream cheese topping
- 120 g smooth, plain cream cheese, softened
- 65 ml sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2.5 ml vanilla essence
- 250 g (1 cup) butter, melted
- 250 g brown sugar
- 125 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 10 ml (2 tsp) vanilla essence
- 565 ml cake flour
- 10 ml (2 tsp) cornflour
- 2.5 ml baking powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp) salt
- 160 ml white chocolate chips
- 65 ml Rhodes Quality Strawberry Jam, gently warmed
- Whisk the cream cheese in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Whisk in the sugar.
- Whisk in the egg yolk and vanilla essence and set aside.
- To make the blondies, combine the melted butter and sugar in a large bowl and stir well.
- Add the eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla essence and stir until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cornflour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the egg mixture until well blended.
- Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Spoon the blondie batter into a baking pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray and lined with baking paper.
- Add dollops of the cream cheese mixture over the top of the blondie batter.
- Pour small pools of the Rhodes Quality Strawberry Jam in different places on the blondie batter.
- Gently run a knife up and down the length of the pan to swirl the mixture.
- Bake the blondies in an oven that has been preheated to 170°C for 25 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre of the blondies comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan and then cut into squares.