South African Pumpkin Tart
Sweet and spicy baked pumpkin tart. An excellent accompaniment to grilled meats. You’ll be forgiven for thinking that this side dish is a dessert. In fact, add a little softly whipped cream and it could easily pass as one.
- 30 ml (2 T) cake flour
- 5 ml (1 t) salt
- 2.5 ml ground cinnamon
- 125 ml sugar
- 750 ml (3 C) cooked pureed pumpkin
- 125 ml cream
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 125 ml honey
- 65 ml butter, melted
- Sift together the cake flour, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- Add the pumpkin and stir to mix.
- Lightly whisk together the cream, eggs and honey.
- Add the cream mix to the pumpkin mix and whisk until the mixture is well blended and smooth.
- Pour the honey pumpkin mixture into a baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake the tart in an oven pre-heated to 160C for 40 minutes or until the tart is set and lightly golden.
- Serve hot.