Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
This recipe will show you how to bake soda bread without yeast for a fresh homemade bread straight from the oven in less than 90 minutes. Just add your favourite Rhodes Quality Jam.
- 500 g (4 cups) self-raising flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp) salt
- 500 ml (2 cups) buttermilk
to serve: Rhodes Quality Jams and softened butter
- Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in the buttermilk.
- Mixing quickly with a large fork to form a soft dough.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly.
- Form into a round and flatten the dough slightly before placing on a lightly floured baking sheet.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180C for one hour.
- When ready, the loaf will sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Cool and slice.
- Serve with Rhodes Quality Jams and softened butter.