Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Soup
Soup is the winter kitchen’s staple. This pureed chickpea soup carries the robust flavour of the roasted cauliflower and chickpeas; hearty and delicious.
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) olive oil
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground cumin
- 1 ml (¼ tsp) paprika
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 litre (4 cups) prepared vegetable stock
- 125 ml (½ cup) cream
to serve: fresh croutons
- Place the cauliflower florets, Rhodes Quality Chickpeas and garlic cloves into a large bowl.
- Add the cumin, paprika and 45 ml (3 Tbsp) of the olive oil. Toss well to mix.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the chickpeas and cauliflower out on a baking tray that has been lined with baking paper.
- Roast in an oven that has been preheated to 180°C for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Place the potatoes and the stock in a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer until the potatoes are soft.
- Stir in the roasted chickpea and cauliflower mixture, setting aside some of the mixture for garnish.
- Remove the soup from the heat and allow to cool.
- Puree the soup until thick and smooth in a liquidiser or using a hand held blender.
- Return the puréed soup to the saucepan and bring to the heat over a low temperature.
- Stir in the cream.
- Season to taste.
- Serve topped with the reserved roasted chickpeas and cauliflower and fresh croutons