Few desserts can beat the softness of sweet fruits topped with a crisp crumble. It’s a sweet treat that doesn’t get much more comforting than this.
- 1 x 825 g can Rhodes Quality Pear Halves in Syrup, drained and cut into smaller pieces
- 160 g (1 punnet) raspberries
- 2.5 ml ground cinnamon
- 250 ml (1 C) brown sugar
- 250 ml (1 C) oats
- 190 ml self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 ml salt
- 5 ml (1 t) ground cinnamon
- 125 ml butter, cubed
- 250 ml (1 C) cream, stiffly beaten
- Place the chopped Rhodes Quality Pear Halves, raspberries, 2.5 ml cinnamon and 50 ml of the sugar in a bowl and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture equally into oven-safe ramekins.
- Make the crumble by placing the remaining brown sugar, oats, flour, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Using your fingertips, rub the butter into the mixture until incorporated.
- Sprinkle the crumble on top of the pear and berry mixture and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 25 – 30 minutes or until the crumble is golden and crisp.
- Serve warm with the cream.