Creamy sweetcorn and potato bake, perfect side dish for a braai.
- 750 g potatoes, peeled and cut into even slices
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk
- 250 ml (1 cup) cream
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) butter, cut into pieces
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Sweetcorn
- 250 ml (1 cup) grated cheddar cheese
- 5 ml (1 tsp) smoked parprika
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Place the potato slices, garlic and milk in a large saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and simmer until the potatoes are just tender.
- Drain the potato slices and reserve the milk.
- Arrange the potato slices in a baking dish and season well with salt and pepper.
- Pour the Rhodes Quality Sweetcorn over the potatoes.
- Place the butter on top of the sweetcorn.
- Mix together the cream and half of the reserved mill and pour over the bake.
- Sprinkle the cheese over top and season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Bake the potato and sweetcorn bake in an oven that has been preheated to 170ºC for 25 minutes, or until the top is golden and the cream has set.
- Serve hot.