Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Pear & Honey Strudels
It’s hard to say no to these fruity strudels. You can substitute any Rhodes Quality Fruit like Rhodes Quality Peaches or Rhodes Quality Apricots as this sweet recipe is extremely versatile. Make it using your favourite.
- 2 x 410 g cans Rhodes Quality Pear Halves in Syrup, drained
- 50 g butter
- 30 ml (2 T) sugar
- 30 ml (2 T) honey (or to taste)
- 65 ml (4 T) golden seedless sultanas
- 4 shortbread or tennis biscuits, finely crushed
- 6 sheets of filo pastry
- some melted butter
- Dice the Rhodes Quality Pear Halves into cubes.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the diced pear, sugar, honey and sultanas and allow to cook rapidly for about 5 – 8 minutes or until the sauce has reduced and caramelised.
- Remove from heat, stir in the crumbs and set aside to cool a little.
- To complete, brush a pastry sheet with melted butter then place another sheet on top.
- Cut the sheets in half so that you now have 2 pieces of double pastry.
- Place a 6th of the filling along one side of one of the double piece of pastry and roll over once.
- Tuck in the sides then completely roll up the pastry with the filling inside to form a neat strudel.
- Brush the strudel all over with melted butter, place on a buttered baking sheet with the seam at the bottom and cut one or two slits into the top of the strudel.
- Now continue to make 5 more strudels then bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 10 – 15 minutes, or until the edges of the filo are golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from the oven and serve with a whipped spiced cream or ice cream.