Chewy and sweet lunch box treats.
- 160 ml (⅔ cup) butter, melted
- 140 ml (½ cup + 1 Tbsp) brown sugar
- 125 ml (½ cup) white sugar
- 250 ml (1 cup) creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla essence
- 330 ml (1⅓) cup cake flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp) salt
- To sandwich together:
- 65 ml (1 C) smooth peanut butter
- Rhodes Quality Strawberry Jam
- Beat together the butter, brown and white sugars and peanut butter until smooth.
- Add the egg and the vanilla essence and beat well.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined but do not overmix.
- Roll the cookie dough into 24 even sized balls and place evenly spaced out on a lined baking tray.
- Flatten each cookie with a fork.
- Bake the cookies in an oven preheated to 180º for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spread the flat side of a cookie with Rhodes Quality Strawberry Jam.
- Spread the flat side of a second cookie with peanut butter, and sandwich the second cookie to the first.
- Repeat with remaining cookies, peanut butter and jam.
Makes ± 24 cookies / 12 sandwiches
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cooking Times: 15 minutes