Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Peach Blondie Cheesecake
A sweet, smooth and light caramel cheesecake sits on top of a crisp peach blondie, finished with caramel sauce.
- 190 ml (¾ cup) butter
- 375 ml (1½ cups) brown sugar
- 10 ml (2 tsp) vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 375 ml (1½ cups) cake flour
- 3.5 ml (¾) tsp baking powder
- 1 ml (¼ tsp) bicarbonate of soda
- 1 ml (¼ tsp) salt
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Peach Slices, drained
- 1 x 250 ml non-dairy cream
- 1 x 170 g tub smooth plain cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 x 360 g can caramel topping
- 30-45 ml (2-3 Tbsp) milk
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the brown sugar and whisk well to combine.
- Add the vanilla, egg and egg white and whisk until blended.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir until well until combined.
- Set aside a few slices of the Rhodes Quality Peach Slices for decoration.
- Chop the remaining peaches and fold into the blondie mixture.
- Pour the batter into a cake pan which has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180°C for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Beat the non-dairy cream until thick.
- Remove 65 ml (¼ cup) of caramel topping from the can and set aside.
- Add the remaining caramel topping and the cream cheese to the non dairy cream and beat until smooth and stiff peak.
- Spoon the caramel cream cheese on top of the blondie and smooth the top.
- Refrigerate overnight to set.
- Whisk the remaining caramel topping with enough of the milk until pourable.
- Remove the cake from the pan.
- Decorate with the caramel topping sauce and the reserved peaches.
- Slice and serve.