This favourite South African cheesecake recipe is sweet, delicious and needs no time in the oven. Sure to satisfy your dessert cravings.
- 200 g (1 packet) coconut biscuits, crushed
- 65 ml butter, melted
- 80 g (1 packet) Trotters granadilla or pineapple jelly
- 250 ml (1 C) boiling water
- 250 g plain cream cheese
- 1 x 385 g can condensed milk
to serve: 1 x 115 g cup Rhodes Quality Granadilla Pulp
- Combine the crushed biscuits and butter and press onto the bottom and sides of a large loose-bottomed pie dish.
- Whisk the jelly powder into the boiling water until dissolved.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth and slowly beat in the condensed milk until smooth.
- Beat in the cooled jelly mixture.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the biscuit base and refrigerate for 3 – 4 hours or until set.
- To serve: remove the cheesecake from its pie dish and pour the Rhodes Quality Granadilla Pulp over the top before cutting into slices.