Honey iced tea, a sweet and refreshing drink ideal for hot days. Try different flavoured teas to find your favourite.
- 8 tea bags
- 4 x 250 ml (4 C) boiling water
- 80 ml honey
- 10 ml (2 t) grated ginger root (optional)
- 4 x 250 ml (4 C) cold water
to serve: ice, lemon slices and mint leaves
- Steep the tea bags in the boiling water for 10 minutes or until the tea is strong without being bitter.
- Remove the tea bags and add the honey and the ginger root if using.
- Stir until the honey is dissolved.
- Add the cold water.
- Refrigerate to chill.
- Serve chilled over ice with lemon slices and mint leaves.