Change up your regular braaied garlic loaf for this tangy, cheesy gherkin sub.
- 125 ml (½ cup) Rhodes Quality Sweet and Sour Gherkins, chopped
- 200 g sandwich ham, chopped
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) dried mixed herbs
- 125 ml (½ cup) plain cream cheese
- 10 ml (2 Tsp) Dijon mustard
- 250 ml (1 cup) grated mozzarella cheese
- 125 ml (½ cup) cheddar cheese
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 baguette
- softened butter for spreading
- To make the filling, place the Rhodes Quality Sweet and Sour Gherkins, ham, herbs cream cheese and Dijon mustard together in a bowl and stir to mix.
- Stir in the remaining mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Season the filling well.
- Cut the baguette into thick slices without cutting through the bottom of the loaf.
- Pull apart the slices gently and spread with butter.
- Smear the filling generously between each slice.
- Wrap the entire loaf in cooking foil.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180ºC for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and open the foil and bake for a further ten minutes or until the bread is crispy and the filling melted and warm.
- Serve hot.
As a variation, leave the sandwich ham slices whole.
Serves 6 as a side