Granadilla curd flavoured cheesecake tartlets for dessert or afternoon tea
- Granadilla Curd
- 1 x 240 g Rhodes Quality Granadilla Pulp Cup
- 125 g butter, melted
- 80 ml sugar
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- Cheesecake filling
- 150 g cream cheese, softened
- 5 ml (1tsp) vanilla essence
- 250 ml (1 cup) granadilla curd
- 125 ml (½ cup) cream, whipped
- 10 store bought pastry cases
- To make the granadilla curd, place the Rhodes Quality Granadilla Pulp into a heat proof bowl along with the butter and the sugar.
- Add the whole eggs and the egg yolks.
- Whisk well to mix.
- Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Stir continuously until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Switch to a whisk and continue to whisk over the low heat until the curd is thick and glossy.
- Transfer to a clean jar, cool and refrigerate overnight.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the vanilla essence and the granadilla curd and fold until well blended.
- Fold in the cream.
- Spoon the granadilla cheesecake mixture into the pastry cases.
- Decorate as desired and refrigerate until serving.
Makes 12 small
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cooking Times: 10 minutes