Perfect for lunch, brunch or light dinner old fashioned quiche never goes out of fashion. This version uses fresh mint to complement the Rhodes Quality Processed Peas, a classic flavour combination.
- 200 g (2 C) cake flour
- 125 ml butter, slightly softened
- 125 ml grated cheddar cheese
- Rhodes Quality Processed Peas
- Place the flour, salt and butter into a bowl.
- Rub with your fingers until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Add the cheddar cheese and work the mixture into a coarse dough, which holds when pressed together.
- Tip the crumble into a quiche dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Press the dough into the dish evenly over the bottom and up the sides.
- Chill in the refrigerator until needed.
- Fry the bacon in a hot frying pan until crispy and drain on paper towel.
- Spoon the bacon onto the pastry base.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Processed Peas and feta cheese.
- Then add the mint.
- Whisk the cream, milk and eggs together and season well.
- Pour this custard over the bacon and pea filling.
- Bake the quiche in a preheated oven at 180°C for 35 minutes or until the quiche is set, golden and puffy.
- Serve hot or cold.