Simple vegetarian Thai red curry, an economical and simple weekday dinner.
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 100 g (1 cup) broccoli florets
- 100 g (1 cup) cauliflower florets
- 15-30 ml (1-2 Tbsp) Thai red curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 125 ml (½ cup) water
- 2 x 410 g cans Rhodes Quality Mixed Vegetables, drained
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) soya sauce
- juice of 1 lemon
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and sauté the onion until softened.
- Add the garlic and ginger and fry for a few minutes more.
- Add the broccoli, cauliflower and carrots and fry for a further few minutes until fragrant.
- Add the red curry paste, coconut milk, and water and stir well to mix.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook until the vegetables have softened.
- Stir in the Rhodes Quality Mixed Vegetables and simmer until heated through.
- Season the sauce to taste with the soya sauce and lemon juice.
- Stir in the coriander and serve over hot rice.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking Times: 20 minutes
Add as much of the red curry paste to suit your taste.