We’ve layered up the flavours with this pear and caramel trifle dessert. It looks great when served in individual portions or simply make one larger bowl if you’re planning a bigger party.
- 1 medium Swiss roll, sliced
- 65 ml brandy, sherry or fruit juice
- 2 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Pear Halves in Syrup, drained
- 500 – 750 ml vanilla custard
- 1 x 360 g can caramel dessert topping
- 375 ml whipped, sweetened cream
To serve: grated chocolate
- Arrange the Swiss roll slices in a large bowl (or in individual bowls if preferred).
- Drizzle with brandy, sherry or fruit juice.
- Roughly chop the Rhodes Quality Pear Halves and arrange on top of the Swiss roll.
- Cover with a thick layer of custard.
- Soften the caramel treat by beating it with a wooden spoon and then fold the cream and the caramel treat together.
- Add a layer of the caramel cream to the bowl.
- Add the remaining custard.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Sprinkle the grated chocolate over the top and serve.