Soup is one of the easiest and most reliable dishes to freeze. Make two batches of this delicious soup and freeze one for a quick midweek winter dinner dish. This dish is made with Rhodes Quality Tomato Indian Style, perfectly blended spices for your convenience.
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Tomato Indian Style
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Chickpeas, drained
- 15 ml (1 T) butter
- 15 ml (1 T) sunflower oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 500 ml (2 C) prepared chicken stock
- 125 ml (½ C) plain yoghurt or cream
To serve: stir in the yoghurt or cream and top with the coriander leaves.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion, garlic, and carrots for 5 minutes or until the onion begins to soften.
- Add the can of Rhodes Quality Tomato Indian Style and the chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Chickpeas.
- Lower the heat to medium and simmer the soup for 15 minutes until the vegetables are cooked and soft.
- Puree the soup using a food processor or blender until smooth.