Sweet and spiced cranberry pork fillet, an economical and simple dinner.
- 125 ml (½ cup) brown sugar
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) red wine vinegar
- 2 whole star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 250 ml (1 cup) Rhodes Quality Cranberry 100% Fruit Juice
- 65 ml (¼ cup) Rhodes Quality Orange 100% Fruit Juice
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- pork fillet
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) olive oil
- Place the sugar, vinegar, star anise and cinnamon into a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Cranberry 100% Fruit Juice and the Rhodes Quality Orange 100%
- Fruit Juice and bring the sauce back to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Season to taste and remove the star anise and cinnamon stick.
- Brush the pork fillet with the olive oil and season.
- Roast or grill the pork for 20 minutes or until done to liking.
- Rest the fillet for ten minutes.
- Slice and serve with the cranberry sauce.