Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Couscous & Beetroot Salad
Great as a main or as a side dish, this colourful vegetarian couscous salad can be made in minutes. We’ve also used instant couscous to speed things up even more.
- 200 ml water
- 2.5 ml salt
- 250 ml (1 cup) instant couscous
- 15 – 30 ml (1 – 2 Tbsp.) butter
- 1 carrot, finely sliced
- 500 ml (2 cups) baby spinach
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 x 385 g Bottle Rhodes Quality Diced Beetroot
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the water, butter and salt into a medium saucepan and bring to a rapid boil.
- Remove the water from the heat and stir in the couscous.
- Cover the saucepan with a lid and leave to stand for 10 minutes or until the couscous has absorbed all the water.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork to break the couscous apart.
- Leave to cool.
- In a large salad bowl toss together the couscous, carrot, spinach and the avocado.
- Season the salad to taste.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Beetroot and lightly toss again.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together until well blended.
- Season the dressing to taste with the salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour a little dressing over the salad and serve the remainder on the side.