Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
- 250 g (2 cups) self-raising flour
- 15 ml (3 Tbsp) cocoa powder
- 65 ml sugar
- 1 ml salt
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla essence
- 300 ml (1 cup +3 Tbsp) milk
- 1 egg
- sunflower oil for frying
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Peach Slices in Syrup, drained
to serve: chocolate sauce
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a large bowl.
- Add the sugar and the salt.
- Whisk together the vanilla essence, milk and the egg.
- Whisk the milk mixture into the dry ingredients, beating until a smooth thick batter.
- Allow batter to stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Use a 65 ml measuring cup to scoop the batter onto to non-stick pan and shape quickly into rounds.
- Bake only two pancakes at a time.
- Cook until the pancakes have bubbles on the top, then flip them over and cook for an additional minute.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes warm drizzled with chocolate sauce and topped with Rhodes Quality Peach Slices.