Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Chickpea & Sweet Potato Burgers
Meat free protein rich homemade burgers served with Rhodes Quality Braai Relish and Pickles.
- 375 ml orange flesh sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 x 400 g cans Rhodes Quality Chickpeas in brine, drained
- zest of 1 lemon
- 5 ml (1 t) ground cumin
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- to serve: Rhodes Quality Tomato Braai Relish
- Rhodes Quality Sliced Sweet and Sour Gherkins
- burger Buns
- Boil the sweet potatoes until tender.
- Coarsely mash the Rhodes Quality Chickpeas in a food processor or by hand.
- Add the sweet potatoes and stir well to mix.
- Add cumin.
- Add lemon zest.
- Season the mixture to taste with salt and pepper.
- Form the mixture into 6 patties.
- Place the patties on a plate and place them in the freezer for 20-30 minutes to firm up.
- Remove the patties from the freezer and place onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180C for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Prepare the burgers using the burger buns, lettuce, Rhodes Quality Gherkins and Rhodes Quality Braai Relish.