A simple chicken marinade. Serve grilled or braaied.
- 1 x 115 g cup Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Cup
- 1 empty paste cups full of water
- 65 ml soya sauce
- 5 ml (1 t) barbeque spice
- 15 ml (1 T) honey
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cm piece ginger root, peeled and grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 whole chicken, spine removed and flattened
- Spoon the Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Cup into a medium-sized bowl.
- Using the empty Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Cup as a measuring cup, measure 1_ cups of water and add to the Rhodes Tomato Paste.
- Whisk well.
- Add the soya sauce, barbeque spice, Rhodes Quality Honey, garlic and ginger root and whisk well.
- Season the marinade to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Pour the marinade over the prepared chicken and leave to stand overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and braai over medium-hot coals until the chicken is cooked.
- Baste the chicken with the remaining marinade during cooking.