Brownie Cherry Cheesecake Trifle
- 65 ml Hinds Chocolate Custard Powder
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp.) sugar
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk, divided
- 12 chocolate brownies
- 1 x 250 g tub plain cream cheese
- 1 x 385 g can condensed milk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 x 80 g pack Rhodes Quality Trotters Cherry Flavoured Jelly
- 250 ml (1 cup) cream, thickly whipped
- Mix Hinds Chocolate Custard powder, sugar and 45 ml (3 Tbsp.) of the milk together.
- Bring the remaining milk to the boil in a saucepan.
- Pour the custard mix into boiling milk, stir well until thickened and leave to cool.
- Cut the brownies into chunks and arrange half of the pieces in a large bowl.
- Cover with a layer of chocolate custard.
- In an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese for a few minutes until softened.
- Add the condensed milk and the lemon juice and beat until thick and well mixed.
- Using half of the mixture, cover the brownies with a layer of cheesecake mixture and refrigerate until set.
- Prepare one packet Rhodes Quality Trotters Cherry Flavoured Jelly as per the pack instructions and place in the fridge until set slightly, but not yet firm.
- Place a layer of cherry jelly on top of the cheesecake layer and refrigerate until completely set.
- Repeat the layers with the remaining brownies, cheesecake and cherry jelly.
- Decorate with cream and chocolate shavings and refrigerate until ready to serve.