Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Breakfast Bacon and Potato Hash
An easy breakfast or brunch one pan meal.
- 4 potatoes, peeled
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) olive oil
- 200 g back bacon, diced
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Tomatoes Chopped & Peeled
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- handful of chopped Parsley
- 4 eggs
- 65 ml (¼ cup) mozzarella cheese
- Dice the potatoes into even sized cubes.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Add the potatoes and cook until tender, golden and crispy.
- Add the bacon pieces and fry until crisp.
- Add the spring onions.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Tomatoes Chopped & Peeled and bring the sauce to the boil.
- Season well to taste and stir in the parsley.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Make four wells in the hash and crack an egg into each well.
- Sprinkle each egg with a little mozzarella cheese.
- Replace the lid and cook until the eggs are cooked.
- Serve immediately.
Cooking Tip: Replace the bacon with chicken rashers if preferred.