Try our version of the ever-popular Hungarian Goulash. Hearty winter cooking.
- 30 ml (1 Tbsp) sunflower oil
- 1 kg beef goulash
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) ground paprika
- 10 ml (2 tsp) Hinds Cayenne Pepper
- 500 ml (2 cups) prepared beef stock
- 1 x 50 g Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Sachet
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Tomato Chopped & Peeled
- to serve, mashed potatoes, sour cream and parsley,
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Brown the goulash in batches and set aside.
- Add onions to the same saucepan and fry until softened.
- Add the garlic and fry for a few minutes more.
- Return the beef to the pan.
- Add the paprika and the Hinds Cayenne Pepper to the pan and toss to coat.
- Add the beef stock, Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Sachet and Rhodes Quality Tomato Chopped & Peeled.
- Cover with a lid and let simmer until the meat is very tender, about 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over mashed potatoes and garnish with sour cream and parsley.