This spicy cheesecake is a delicious easy-to-prepare dessert or tea time treat. The cheesecake is baked but the filling is soft and smooth.
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Pear Halves in Syrup
- 65 ml (¼ C) preserved ginger, finely chopped
- 1 x 200 g packet of ginger biscuits
- 90 ml (6 T) melted butter
- 2 x 200 g tubs creamed cottage cheese
- 125 ml (½ C) castor sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 200 ml (¾ C + 2 t )sour cream
- 30 ml (2 T) lemon juice
- extra preserved ginger to serve
- Drain the can of Rhodes Quality Pear Halves and set aside one pear half for decoration.
- Chop the remaining pear halves into small pieces and combine with the ginger.
- Cover and set aside until required.
- Process the biscuits into fine crumbs.
- Add the melted butter and mix well.
- Push the mixture into a 20 cm diameter springform pan.
- Place the pan on a baking sheet to prevent spillage.
- Whisk the cottage cheese and sugar together then add the eggs, sour cream and lemon juice and whisk well.
- Sprinkle the pear and ginger mixture into the crust and pour in the egg mixture.
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 160°C for 25 – 30 minutes or until the filling is just set but still a little wobbly in the centre.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before removing it from the pan.
- Slice or chop the reserved pear and ginger to garnish the cake.