- 1 roll ready made puff pastry, defrosted and chilled
- 170 to 225g round of Brie or Camembert cheese, chilled
- 30 – 60 ml Rhodes Quality Strawberry Jam
- fresh thyme leaves
- 1 egg, beaten
- Place the puff pastry on a lightly floured work surface.
- Do not roll out, but cut to size a square of puff pastry which when the cheese round is in the centre allows for an edge of approximately 10 cm.
- Set cheese in the centre of the pastry square.
- Spoon the desired amount of Rhodes Quality Strawberry Jam on to the top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle the thyme leaves on top of the jam.
- Fold the pastry up and over the sides of the cheese, folding neatly where necessary to enclose the cheese.
- Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Chill the wrapped cheese for 20 minutes.
- Brush the pastry with beaten egg.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 190° C for 20 minutes or until the pastry is crisp and golden brown.
- Serve hot with crackers or fresh baguette.