Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Also known as AmaPotchefstrooms, we’ve given these much-loved South African scones a citrus zing with fresh lemon zest and Rhodes Quality Seville Orange Marmalade. Your family will love them fresh and warm from the oven.
- 500 ml (2 C) cake flour
- 15 ml (1 T) baking powder
- 1 ml (¼ t) salt
- 190 ml (¾ C) white sugar
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 125 g (½ C) butter
- 125 – 160 ml (½ C – ⅔ C) milk
- 1 egg
- 45 ml (3 T) Rhodes Seville Orange Marmalade
- 30 ml warm water
- Sift the cake flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- Add the sugar and the lemon zest and stir to mix.
- Rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Mix 125 ml of the milk and the egg together and whisk with a fork.
- Pour the milk over the flour mixture and bring together by hand or using the back of a spoon, adding the extra milk if needed.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and evenly press out into a disk.
- Use a large cookie cutter to cut out the scones.
- Place the scones onto a baking tray that has been sprayed with non-stick spray and / or lined with baking paper.
- Bake the scones in an oven that has been preheated to 190ûC and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Make the glaze by whisking the Rhodes Quality Seville Orange Marmalade and the warm water together.
- Brush the glaze over the hot scones and leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Serve warm.