Kebabs, skewers or sosaties, no matter what you call them, are always great on a braai. This marinade is slightly sweet and slightly spiced and is perfect for chicken and lamb.
- 65 ml Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam
- 1 can of Rhodes Quality Apricot Halves
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp.) balsamic vinegar
- 65 ml soy sauce
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp.) mild curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 5 ml (1 Tsp.) ground ginger
- 10 ml (2 Tsp.) ground coriander
- 5 ml (1 Tsp.) ground cumin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 125 ml water
- Place the Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam, vinegar, soy sauce, curry powder, garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin, in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Whisk until well blended.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Leave to cool.
- Slice the chicken breast fillets into evenly sized cubes.
- Place in a bowl and pour the marinade over the chicken, toss to coat.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Soak 6 wooden skewers in water for at least a half hour.
- Thread the chicken cubes alternating with the Rhodes Quality Apricot Halves onto the skewers, and placing a sprig of rosemary in-between.
- Grill over medium coals for about 10-15 minutes, basting with marinade until the chicken is cooked through.