Feed a crowd with this delicious, island-inspired pineapple chicken dish. Crowding the chicken into casserole dishes will take longer to cook, so make sure the chicken is completely cooked through before you remove it from the oven.
- 40 chicken thighs
- 125 ml (½ C) sunflower oil
- 4 onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large piece of gingerroot, peeled and finely chopped
- 65 ml (¼ C) Hinds Madras Curry Powder
- 1 litre of Rhodes Tomato Puree
- 4 x 440 g cans Rhodes Quality Pineapple Pieces in Light Syrup, drained
- 500 ml (2 C) of Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam
- 4 x 410 g cans coconut milk
- 375 ml (1½ C) peanut butter
- 250 ml (1 C) coriander leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Fry the chicken in the oil until browned.
- Arrange in a single layer in casserole dishes.
- Fry the onion in the remaining oil until soft.
- Add the garlic, ginger and curry powder and fry briefly then add the Rhodes Quality Tomato Puree, Rhodes Quality Pineapple Pieces, Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam and the coconut milk.
- Stir in the peanut butter and coriander and season to taste.
- Remove from heat and pour over the chicken.
- Cover the dishes with tin foil and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 60 minutes or until the chicken is cooked to your liking then serve with rice.