- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) olive oil
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 125 g bacon, diced
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- zest and juice of one lemon
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 x 415 g Rhodes Quality Butter Beans, drained
- 1 x 415 g Rhodes Quality Black beans, drained
- 1 x 415 g Rhodes Quality 3 Bean Mix, drained
- Toss the broccoli in the olive oil and season well.
- Place the florets into a roasting pan and roast in an oven preheated to 180°C for 15 minutes, tossing at regular intervals, or until tender and crisp.
- Remove and set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan.
- Add the bacon pieces and fry until crisp. Set aside.
- In the same pan, melt the butter and add the onion.
- Fry until the onion is softened and fragrant.
- Add the garlic and fry for a few minutes more.
- Reduce the heat and return the bacon to the pan.
- Add the broccoli and toss well to mix.
- Add the lemon zest, juice and the parsley and stir to mix.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Butter Beans, Rhodes Quality Black beans and the Rhodes Quality 3 Bean Mix and stir gently over the low heat until the beans are warm.
- Season to taste and serve.
Serves 6 as a side dish
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 min