Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp.) Bisto corn flour
- 60 ml (4 Tbsp.) water
- 200 ml Rhodes Quality 100% Strawberry & Banana Fruit Juice Blend
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) Rhodes Quality Strawberry Jam
- 400g Fresh strawberries, washed, stalk removed, quartered
- 1 x 250 g tub plain cream cheese
- 1 x 385 g can condensed milk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 500 ml (2 cups) cream, thickly whipped
- Mix the corn flour and water together to form a smooth paste.
- Place the Rhodes Quality 100% Strawberry & Banana Fruit Juice Blend in a medium saucepan.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Strawberry Jam and bring to the boil, stirring until the jam dissolves.
- Pour the corn flour mix into the strawberry juice and whisk until thickened.
- Boil for a few minutes more.
- Add the fresh strawberries to the sauce and stir well to mix.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- In an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese for a few minutes until softened.
- Add the condensed milk and the lemon juice and beat until thick and well mixed.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Fold in the cooled strawberry mixture.
- Pour the ice cream into a freezer proof dish, cover well with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.