Easy budget-friendly meal to feed a crowd.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) sunflower oil
- 600 g lean beef mince
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp.) Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Sachet
- 500 ml (2 Cups) Rhodes Quality Mild & Spicy Chakalaka
- 8 hamburger Buns
- Softened butter for spreading
- 8 cheddar cheese slices
- 250 ml (1 Cup) grated mozzarella cheese
- Fry the onion in the oil until soft and golden.
- Add the beef mince and brown lightly.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste and the Rhodes Quality Mild & Spicy Chakalaka.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Slice the hamburger buns in half and place the bottoms on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Butter the buns.
- Add a slice of cheddar cheese to each bun and top with a spoonful of the Chakalaka mince.
- Top with grated mozzarella cheese.
- Close the buns and brush the tops of the buns with a little butter.
- Bake in an oven that has been preheated to 180¡C for ten minutes or until the cheese is melted and the buns heated through.
- Serve hot.