This mildly-spiced chicken casserole means that a great-tasting midweek dinner is served.
- 10 ml (2 t) mixed medium masala
- 5 ml (1 t) garam masala
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cm piece of ginger root, finely chopped
- 125 ml olive oil
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Apricot Halves in Syrup, drained, syrup reserved
- salt and pepper
- 8 chicken thighs, excess fat trimmed
- 500 ml (2 C) prepared chicken stock
- 65 ml coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
- Make a marinade by whisking the spices, garlic, ginger, olive oil and reserved apricot syrup together.
- Place the chicken in a bowl, pour over the marinade season to taste, cover and allow to marinate overnight in the fridge.
- To cook, remove the chicken from the marinade (reserve the marinade) and brown on both sides then arrange in a roasting pan.
- Heat the chicken stock together with the marinade and pour over the chicken.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20 minutes before stirring in the Rhodes Quality Apricot Halves and coriander.
- Bake for a further 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with basmati rice.