Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Spanish Rice and Beans
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 7.5 ml (1½ tsp) paprika
- 2.5 – 5 ml (½ – 1 tsp) chilli flakes
- 5 ml (1 tsp) dried oreganum
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 ml (¼ tsp) cayenne pepper
- 500 ml (2 cups) basmati rice
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Tomato Chopped Peeled
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 750 ml (3 cups) prepared chicken stock
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) lemon zest, finely grated
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) green olives, pitted and halved
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large frying pan with a fitted lid.
- Add onion and cook for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic, paprika, salt, chilli flakes, oreganum, black pepper, and cayenne and cook, stirring, for two minutes more.
- Stir in the rice and stir continuously until well coated.
- Stir in the Rhodes Quality Tomato Chopped Peeled.
- Add the chicken stock.
- Bring to the boil, and then reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, for about 25 minutes until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir in the Rhodes Quality Black Beans and heat through.
- Mix together the parsley and the lemon zest.
- Scatter over the rice together with the olives and serve immediately.