Keep your guests coming back, time and again. Cooking for a large crowd can be daunting, but this reliable dinner party recipe will easily feed 18 to 25 guests when served with pasta (or even rice). For the best results, brown the mince well and remove any excess fat in the saucepan before adding the Rhodes Quality Tomato products.
For a smaller portion please see our Family Portion.
- 8 chopped onions
- 6 chopped carrots
- 6 chopped celery sticks
- sunflower oil
- 90 ml (6 T) chopped garlic
- 4 kg beef mince
- 3.06 kg can (or 7 x 400 g cans) Rhodes Quality Tomato & Onion Mix
- 6 x 115 g Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Cup
- 65 ml (4 T) dried mixed herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fry the onions, carrots and celery sticks in oil until soft.
- Add the garlic and fry briefly.
- Add 4 kg beef mince and brown lightly.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Tomato & Onion Mix, the Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste, the dried mixed herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until thick then serve.