This family favourite recipe will have them coming back for more.
For a larger portion to cater for parties please see our Party Portion.
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) oil
- 500 g minced beef
- 1 large onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 celery sticks
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Tomato & Onion Mix
- 1 x 115 g Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Cup or 2 x 50 g Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste sachets
- Pinch dried mixed herbs
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 250g spaghetti pasta, cooked
- to serve: Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan.
- Add the mince and fry over a high heat to brown.
- Drain any excess fat.
- Finely chop the vegetables and garlic and add to the pan.
- Add the tomatoes and the tomato paste.
- Add the herbs and season well.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve over hot pasta with the Parmesan cheese.