Make this deliciously crisp salad for your next braai. It’s easy to prepare ahead.
- 30 ml (2 T) lemon juice
- 30 ml (2 T) olive oil
- 30 ml (2 T) Rhodes Quality Chickpea Hummus
- 30 – 65 ml water
- To prepare the dressing, combine the lemon juice, olive oil and Rhodes Quality Chickpea Hummus in a bowl.
- Whisk until well blended.
- Add the water, a little at a time, until the dressing is pourable.
- Chop the butternut into evenly sized cubes.
- Place in a roasting dish and add the olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Toss well to combine.
- Roast the butternut in an oven preheated to 180°C for 25 minutes or until the butternut is just tender.
- Lightly toss the butternut, Rhodes Quality Chickpeas and spring onions together.
- To serve: arrange the butter lettuce leaves on a salad plate and top with the butternut and chickpeas.
- Drizzle over the dressing and finish with the fresh herb leaves.