Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Pineapple Sheet Cake
This is a moist and long-lasting cake that you can prepare ahead of time, a perfectly sweet treat for larger families.
- 1 x 432 g Rhodes Quality Pineapple Crush in Light Syrup
- 500 ml (2 cups) cake flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp) bicarbonate of soda
- 10 ml (2 tsp) baking powder
- 10 ml (2 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 1 ml (¼ tsp) salt
- 500 ml (2 cups) sugar
- 100 g (½ cup) chopped walnuts, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla essence
Cream cheese icing:
- 80 g butter
- 175 g plain cream cheese
- 500 ml (2 C) icing sugar, sifted
- 30-45 ml (3 Tbsp) Rhodes Quality Orange 100% Fruit Juice Blend
To serve: cream or custard, puree 1 x 410g can Rhodes Quality Apricot Halves.
- Sift the cake flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Add the sugar and 50 g (¼ cup) chopped nuts. Add the eggs, vanilla essence, and the entire contents of the can of Rhodes Quality Pineapple Crush. Beat well for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the batter into a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake in an oven preheated to 180° C for 35 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Cool.
- ream the butter until pale and creamy. Add the cream cheese and beat until combined. Add the icing sugar and beat to blend. Adjust the consistency to a thick spread with the Rhodes Quality Orange 100% Fruit Juice Blend.
- Spread the icing over the cooled cake and decorate with reserved chopped nuts. Slice into squares and serve.