Thai inspired fried rice; an effortless vegetarian dinner or a flavourful side dish to accompany grilled chicken.
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) sunflower oil, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 x 440 g can Rhodes Quality Pineapple Pieces in Light Syrup, drained
- 500 ml (2 cups) rice, cooked
- 190 ml chopped spring onions
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) soy sauce
To serve: roasted cashew nuts, chopped coriander leaves, fresh limes or lemons
- Heat 5 ml (1 tsp.) Oil in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Pour in the eggs and stir to scramble and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the same pan.
- Add the red pepper and the garlic and fry for a few minutes until slightly tender.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Pineapple Pieces and quick fry to heat.
- Return the eggs to the pan and stir well to mix, breaking up the egg.
- Add the rice to the pan and toss gently to heat through.
- Add the spring onions and the soy sauce.
- Season to taste.
- To serve sprinkle with roasted cashew nuts and fresh coriander and squeeze over a little lime juice.