Sweet BBQ style pork belly skewers for the braai
- 250 ml (1 cup) prepared BBQ sauce
- 125 ml (½ cup) Rhodes Quality 100% Pineapple Juice Blend
- 1 kg pork belly, skin removed
- 2 green peppers, seeded and cut into cubes
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Pineapple Pieces, drained
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Whisk together the BBQ sauce and the Rhodes Quality Pineapple Juice.
- Cut the pork belly into even sized cubes.
- Place the pork belly into the BBQ marinade and toss to mix.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the pork from the marinade and skewer the pieces onto kebab stick alternating with the green pepper and Rhodes
- Quality Pineapple Pieces.
- Brush the skewers with the remaining marinade.
- Grill over medium coals for 10-12 minutes until the pork belly is cooked and the fat is crisp.
Makes 8 skewers